General Election for Partisan Office and Referendum: Tuesday November 6, 2018
On the ballot:
- Governor / Lieutenant Governor
- Attorney General
- Secretary of State
- State Treasurer
- United States Senator
- Representative in Congress
- Representative to the Assembly
- La Crosse County
- Clerk of Circuit Court
- Referendum: La Crosse County
- Should the State of Wisconsin legalize the use of marijuana by adults 21 years or older, to be taxed and regulated in the same manner that alcohol is regulated in the State of Wisconsin, with proceeds from the taxes used for education, healthcare, and infrastructure?
- The La Crosse County Board of Supervisors has determined that an expenditure of $5 million per year is necessary to address unmet road and bridge needs currently totaling $101 million. Do you support the County investing $5 million annually to address needed road and bridge repairs?
- If the La Crosse County Board finds it necessary to increase local spending on roads and bridges due to insufficient state and federal funds, do you support pursuing the enactment of a Premier Resort Area Tax (PRAT) of 0.5 percent as a sales tax on tourism-related goods and services as defined in state law? This option is estimated to raise $6.6 million per year, of which $1.6 million will be shared with the cities, villages and towns for their transportation needs.
- If the La Crosse County Board finds it necessary to increase local spending on roads and bridges due to insufficient state and federal funds, do you support imposing an annual vehicle registration fee ("wheel tax") of approximately $56 per auto and light truck? This option is estimated to raise $5 million per year.
- If the La Crosse County Board finds it necessary to increase local spending on roads and bridges due to insufficient state and federal funds, do you support increasing short-term borrowing by approximately $5 million? This option is estimated to increase the County portion of property taxes by approximately 15 percent in the 2020 tax cycle.
- Referendum: School District of Onalaska
- Shall the School District of Onalaska, La Crosse County, Wisconsin be authorized to exceed the revenue limit specified in Section 121.91, Wisconsin Statutes, by $2,750,000 for the 2019-2020 school year, by $2,900,000 for the 2020-2021 school year, by $3,050,000 for the 2021-2022 school year, by $3,200,000 for the 2022-2023 school year and by $3,350,000 for the 2023-2024 school year, for non-recurring purposes consisting of ongoing operational expenses?
2018 November Partisan Election and Referendum Sample Ballots from the La Crosse County Clerk's Office