Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Werewolf vs. Vampire Woman
- In general, B movies are made without studio backing and for a low budget. Typical genres are horror, sci-fi, and westerns.
- Some actors who got their start in B movies include: Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson, George Clooney, John Wayne, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Aniston, Jamie Lee Curtis, Owen Wilson, & Johnny Depp
- Macabre (1958) invited potential viewers to take out additional insurance policies to cover "death by fright."
- The Tingler (1959) used buzzers attached to random seats throughout the movie theater, which activated at the climax of the movie.
- Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959), directed by Ed Wood, was financed by a local Baptist congregation led by Wood's landlord.
- Ed Wood has been called "The World's Worst Director."
- Roger Corman directed 53 films in 15 years, and has produced over 400 films in the last 50 years.
- The Little Shop of Horrors (1960), directed by Roger Corman, holds the record for the shortest shooting schedule for a feature film: TWO DAYS!
- Every film ever directed by Coleman Francis was used for an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- Composers like John Williams, Elmer Bernstein, and Henry Mancini have written music for B-movies.