General Guidelines for requesting instruction
- We find library instruction to be most beneficial for students who are working on a research assignment and are made aware of the requirements of that assignment before attending a library instruction session.
- We will try to accomodate your request as best as we can, but we request 10 business days in advance. Please also note that certain times are the semester are busier than others, and we may not be able to give you your first choice of date.
- We are able to create tutorials, videos, and other learning objects that can be embedded in D2L, again with advance notice. Contact Sharon if you are interested in pursuing this.
- Sessions are also offered through D2L for distance learners.
New Library Instruction @Murphy
A new library guide complete with more resources and
information to meet all your library instruction questions
is in the works.
Instruction Request Forms
- Presentations in your classroom
- Hands-on workshops in a lab on a variety of topics (research strategies, citation, bibliographic management software, etc.)
- Library tours (both traditional and game-based)
- Consultations with faculty on how to incorporate research skills into your class (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule.)
All sessions and activities are tailored to your specific needs. We are also open to your ideas and suggestions, and hope you will let us know if we can help or support you.
Please note that we will need at least 10 business days to meet your request. If requests are submitted with less notice, we cannot promise that you will be accomodated.
Instructional Design and
office: 123 Murphy Library