What is BrowZine?
Murphy Library is now licensing BrowZine, a free tablet application (Murphy Library pays annual license fees for UWL users) from Third Iron that allows users to browse, read, and monitor many of the library’s scholarly journals. With the BrowZine app, you can:
- Create a bookshelf of many of your favorite journals for easy, fast access
- Read articles in a format optimized for a tablet device
- Get alerts when new journal issues are published
- Save articles to Zotero, Dropbox, or an app of your choice for pdf collecting and notetaking
- Share links to articles with others by email, Facebook, or Twitter
BrowZine is now available for iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Officially supported Android devices include the Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy, and Kindle Fire HD on the Ice Cream Sandwich platforms
BrowZine can be downloaded for free from iTunes at this link, or by searching the App Store for 'BrowZine'.
To access content from supported publishers available through Murphy Library subscriptions, you must sign in with your UW-La Crosse netID and password.
To sign in:
1) After downloading and opening the app for the first time, you will be asked to 'Choose a Library'.
2) Scroll down to, or type into the search bar, University of Wisconsin - La Crosse and select.
3) Enter your UW-L netID and Password in the appropriate fields, and login.
107 Murphy Library
office hours: by appointment
Academic Engagement & Curriculum
277 Murphy Library